2 Spring Onions, finely chopped
6 Free-Range Eggs (available at David’s Larder)
8 Rashes of David’s Larder Nitrate-Free Bacon
75g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 fresh Chilli, finely chopped
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
Chives, for garnish
- In a bowl, beat 2 eggs with milk.
- Combine the mix with sweetcorn, spring onions, chilli and season.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cayenne pepper into the mixture.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Using a small ladle, pour in batter to shape a fritter.
- Cook for 2 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
- Grill the bacon for 12 minutes, or to your preference.
- Poach 4 eggs in a shallow saucepan of simmering water for 4 minutes, or to your preference.
- Remove eggs from saucepan and place on the side.
- On a plate, serve two fritters, topped with 2 x bacon rashes and egg.
- Garnish with chives.