This traditional creamy Scottish cauliflower and bacon soup is packed full of flavour. Try our delicious yet comforting recipe below.
600ml vegetable stock
1 large onion, diced
350g Smoked Scottish Bacon, diced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 medium potatoes, chopped
1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
Salt and pepper to taste
optional: extra bacon fried crispy to add on top of the soup.
- In a pot large enough to hold all ingredients add in the oil, onion, and bacon. Fry for 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add in the potatoes, cauliflower, and stock. Bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for fifteen minutes or until tender.
- Liquidise the soup and then add milk.
- Reheat gently and season to taste.
- Serve with crispy bread and added crispy bacon on top, if desired.