This Mother’s Day, pamper mum from the moment she wakes up by treating her to Breakfast in Bed with David’s Larder.
Show mum how much you love her by cooking from scratch delicious yet simple Corn Fritters, using our finest ingredients — nitrate-free Scottish-Style bacon and fresh free-range eggs locally grown in Guyra from Fiona and Derek’s Farm.
- 300g Sweetcorn
- 2 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 6 Free-Range Eggs (available at David’s Larder)
- 8 Rashes of David’s Larder Nitrate-Free Bacon
- 30ml Milk
- 75g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 fresh Chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Chives, for garnish
- Coconut Oil
- In a bowl, beat 2 eggs with milk.
- Combine the mix with sweetcorn, spring onions, chilli and season.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cayenne pepper into the mixture.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Using a small ladle, pour in batter to shape a fritter.
- Cook for 2 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
- Grill the bacon for 12 minutes, or to your preference.
- Poach 4 eggs in a shallow saucepan of simmering water for 4 minutes, or to your preference.
- Remove eggs from saucepan and place on the side.
- On a plate, serve two fritters, topped with 2 x bacon rashes and egg.
- Garnish with chives.